Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Adventures at Disney


Since arriving I have already had a few opportunities to adventure with new friends!

Audition Adventures

Last Thursday I went to my very first Disney Character Look-Alike Audition at Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom! I figured that since I am living and working at Disney, I might as well take advantage of every opportunity while I am here! I have always wanted to audition for Disney and was overjoyed to have the opportunity to do so. 




It was very nice to have my new friend, Stephanie, there with me through the audition process. Being a character performer or look-alike for Disney has always been one of her dreams as well! 



There were close to 500 other girls my age at the audition. We were divided up into groups of 50 and brought into a large room. We were told to stand in lines of ten while the judges looked at our faces, height, and body-type. Each Disney face character has extremely strict physical guidelines to meet in order for each character to be distinguishable and from other characters, and indistinguishable from various performers playing the same character. The judges were very kind and told us upfront that they were looking for a girl to fill the role of a very particular character. Before my group went into the room there had been close to 200 girls who had been judged before me in the audition. Out of those 200 before my group, only a very small handful of girls (about five) had been selected to move onto the next round. Out of my group of 50 they chose only two girls. These girls were on the taller side of the height requirement. That being said, I am guessing they were looking for a character like Aurora, Cinderella, or maybe even a villain like Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty! But no one knows for sure.




It was overall a thrilling experience to attend my first Disney audition! I was definitely not discouraged because I understand that they are always looking for different girls for certain roles all the time. I now know what to expect and am looking forward to the next audition opportunity that comes my way while I am here in Orlando.    

Roommate Adventures

I must say that I feel extremely lucky to have the roommates that I do. We found each other on Facebook prior to moving to Orlando and have had a blast living together so far! My roommates are Lauralee, Carly, and Andrea. They are currently attending colleges in Texas, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Their DCP internships are with Merchandising at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Costuming at Disney’s Magic Kingdom, and with the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at the Magic Kingdom!



Since moving in together we have had many adventures out and about in Orlando and in the Disney Parks. As Disney Cast Members we have the amazing benefit of getting into the parks for free. Needless to say, we are taking full advantage of that benefit!




It is truly wonderful to have a support group of friends to go through this new process with. I have quickly learned how important it is to make time to get to know new people, share stories, and learn to have more fun in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS