Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Working in Future World


It has been several weeks since my last post. I don't know where the time went! Working at Walt Disney World definitely keeps me very busy and there is rarely a dull moment. I would like to share with you a bit about what my merchandise intern role at Epcot has entailed. 




My Roles
As an intern I have the privilege of working at many different locations throughout Future World. I have been through a LOT of training in order to work at all of those locations and am still getting trained to do more roles in other areas! The locations I have been trained for include the Mission Space gift shop, Test Track gift shop and Image Capture, Club Cool by Coca-Cola, Pin Central, Glow Cart, and The Art of Disney. I most recently got trained to sell fine art at The Art of Disney and am looking forward to informing guests about our art pieces.



I was also recently trained to activate and associate guest information into the new MyMagic+ system through MagicBands. These bands are bracelets worn by guests that contain all of their personal vacation information and acts as their park tickets, credit card, resort room key, and photo pass. These bands are exclusive to Walt Disney World and have made guests’ stay much easier.




Video on My DCP Experience

I was honored that my roommate, Carly Tynes, asked me to be her subject for her multi-media final project. This was the final project she had to do in order to complete her bachelor’s degree in communications from the University of Southern Mississippi! 

Click the link below to look at the finished product!


I am so impressed with how the video turned out. It is a great representation that glimpses into what my experience has been like at the Disney College Program. Carly is so talented and I am blessed to have such a wonderful friend.



My Costumes
Each of my roles requires that I wear different costumes! Here are a few examples of the costumes I wear everyday:


Art of Disney 

Club Cool

Mission Space 

My Take 
My internship role at Disney is overall very dynamic. I have learned more than I can say from my experience here. I have grown everyday and feel more prepared than ever to take on the world after college. Working for Disney has not been easy and it is not always fun. It has been hard work with many bumps along the way. My resilience has surprised me over and over again. I have always taken pride in my work, no matter what it may be. I can honestly say that how I have grown here has made me very proud of myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS